Which city are you from? Please select city here.

Rs , sq ft

Removed from Shortlist

My Shortlist ()
Keep track of your shortlisted properties here. Shortlist a property to get started.

UP Housing Board launches new housing project in Lucknow

Housing projectsLucknow- The UP Housing Development Board has proposed a new residential project along Shaheed Path near Sultanpur Road, Lucknow.

Being spread over 4,524 acres of land, the project, ‘Avadh Vihar Yojana’, is located between Ansal API’s hi-tech township and Utratia station. Of the total area of the project, only 25 percent land is planned to be used for constructing flats while the rest 75 percent would be used as open spaces, parks and greeneries.

The first phase of the project includes 1,400 flats under self-financing scheme and other 1,500 flats for under-privileged group of people among which 750 each for economically weaker section (EWS) and lower income group (LIG).

The self-financed flats include 2BHK, 2BHK+study, 3BHK, 3BHK+servant at Rs 34.80 lakh, 37.50 lakh, 40.90 lakh, 43 lakh respectively. EWS flats would be built on an area of 33.69 square metre at a price of Rs 4.85 lakh and LIG flats with an area of 43.18 square for Rs 7.80 lakh. The project offers bigger flat areas for EWS flats, almost double the area offered in earlier projects.

EWS flats are meant for people whose annual income is below Rs 60, 000 while LIG flats are meant for people whose annual income is less than Rs 1,20,000. EWS and LIG flats are expected to be completed within one and half years while the self-financed flats would take around two and a half years.

Earlier the housing board, under ‘Vrindavan Yojana’, had launched ‘Akash’ project. It was initially planned to be completed within two and a half years but was delayed for more than a year due to farmers dispute over prices offered for their lands. However, officials of the Board alleged that the project work is almost completed and also they have arrived at a consensus with farmers over land acquisition issues.

The officials assured that price disputes in land acquisition will not arise in the case of Avadh Vihar Yojana because the rates were decided in 2010 itself and most of the farmers are happy with it.

The registration of the flats of all the three categories would start from February 4 onwards. The Board, for the first time, has started online registration facility. One can register online or through registration forms available at the Housing Board office or banks prescribed by the board.

The Board has started Sevottam model with this project which is based on three components- effective citizen charter implementation, public grievance redress and achieving excellence in service delivery.

The proposed project in Lucknow will be an integrated project including a five-star hotel, super-specialty hospital, technical and administration institutes, multiplex and shopping malls. The Board has already started the basic developmental works in the project site including laying of roads, drains and sewerage pipes. The project would also have underground electrification facility, covered drainage-pipes as well as underground gas pipeline.

Avadh Vihar Yojana is situated in a prime location of the city and it has easy access to Rai Bareli Road, Lucknow Airport, Gomti Nagar Extension project, Vrindavan Yojna and SGPGI. An railway over bridge has also been proposed near Utratia railway station connecting Sultanpur Road with the Vrindavan Yojana.

The second phase of the project is likely to be announced in May 2013. It would offer 1,500 more flats for both EWS and LIG sections.

Click here for related forum discussion

Related Real Estate News:

Realtors not happy with provisions in new regulation bill

Real estate developers keen on affordable housing in Gujarat

LDA gets consultant for Gomti riverfront project

4 Responses to “UP Housing Board launches new housing project in Lucknow”

  1. property launch, property launch singapore says:

    Thank you for some other informative web site. Where else may just I get that kind of information written in such a perfect method? I have a challenge that I’m just now running on, and I’ve been at the glance out for such info.



  3. Md Sarfuddin says:

    Sir please guide for online apply procedure for Awadh Vihar housing scheme.


    dear sir

    pls sussetion me where is the online apply the awadh vihar housing scheme yojna in lda

Leave a Reply

CommonFloor Property Search Mobile App now available on Android, iOS and Windows!