Which city are you from? Please select city here.

BBMP allotted ID number for every property

Comments(41) Sub Category:Bangalore,Municipality,Realty News Posted On: Dec 10, 2010

BBMPUpdated on 30-9-2014

Latest circular to Bruhat Bangalore Mahanagara Palike (BBMP’s) revenue officials asked them to start collecting betterment charges for regularising sites which came into existence through land conversions.
It is estimated that these collection of betterment charges would levy additional Rs. 500 crore revenue for the Palike with the fixed betterment charges ranging as Rs 200 per sq.m. for converted lands in the 100 wards in the core areas while Rs 250 per sq.m. in the rest 98 wards.

Bruhat Bangalore Mahanagara Palike (BBMP) has allotted ID number for every property in the city. Property Identification Numbers (PID) has made the work of estimating and collecting property tax in the city very swift and trouble-free. Presently, the PIDs are all fixed at nine digits in three parts – ward number, street number and property number. The number of digits might be altered depending on field surveys. You can get your PID number on the BBMP website and can get information on your property details.

Geographical Information System (GIS) has proven to be an effective tool for analysing and displaying thematic maps of all the roads for proper evaluation and correction of zones. GIS can also be used to locate additional land area from which additional tax revenues can be generated.

The Bruhat Bangalore Mahanagara Palike (BBMP) has decided to act tough to property owners who haven’t paid property tax from the last two years. BBMP will soon serve notice to defaulting property owners. The defaulting property owners must pay their dues within time limit given in notice. Failing to pay property tax will end in attaching the property. BBMP will also attach movable articles of defaulting property owners. If the property is rented, BBMP will directly collect rent of property from the tenants.

The property tax defaulters for the year 2010-11 will be levied two percent as penalty for every month starting from December 1, 2010. Attaching properties and articles of defaulters is only for tax defaulters for years 2008-09 and 2009-10. The 2010-11 defaulters will be levied two per cent of penalty for every month. Property tax for 2010-11 can also be paid online but property owners must have details of previous year property tax. Application number of previous year is the key to access the online payment.

Additional revenue will soon be generated by enumerating unassessed properties, curbing defaults, regularizing the existing properties and rationalizing the tax rates. GIS has proven to be an effective tool for proper evaluation and correction of zones. GIS can also be used to locate additional land area from which additional tax revenues can be generated. This is brought about by assigning the land use code for the various properties, analyzing the land use patterns and identifying additional land to be developed.

Times Property

Keywords: Bruhat Bangalore Mahanagara PalikeBetterment chargesKarnataka Land Revenue Act Section 94 (C)Property tax

41 Responses to “BBMP allotted ID number for every property”

1. web page says:

Hello There. I discovered your weblog using msn. This is a really well written article on bruhat bangalore mahanagara palike.
    I’ll be sure to bookmark it and return to learn extra
    of your helpful info. Thank you for the post. I’ll definitely return.

2. Pramodh Thomas says:

I have a tax paid rcpt for a property I purchase din devanahalli. How do I find my PID number to pay my tax for this year.

3. Amit says:

Hi,I am paying my property tax via online every year in April. However in my tax receipt new/old PID is blank. When I check the same on BBMP website I am not getting the PID number and it gives error as missing property. I have called several times ARO of my area and he every times says that they are working on it and during payment of next year tax it will be automatically allocated. But iys been two years now. Most of the flats in my apartment got their PID automatically allocated while paying tax online/offline. Can anyone please suggest me how to get the PID number for my property.

4. Thomas says:

I have to admit this is a pretty good article, how much reasearch did you put into it?

5. the internet says:

Undeniably consider that that you said. Your favorite justification appeared to be at the web the simplest factor to remember of. I say to you, I certainly get annoyed while other folks consider issues that they plainly do not realize about. You controlled to hit the nail upon the highest as smartly as outlined out the entire thing without having side-effects , folks could take a signal. Will likely be back to get more. Thanks
    This is very fascinating, You are a very professional blogger. I’ve joined your rss feed and sit up for looking for more of your excellent post. Additionally, I have shared your website in my social networks!
    Hello There. I found your weblog the use of msn. This is an extremely neatly written article. I will be sure to bookmark it and return to learn extra of your useful info. Thank you for the post. I’ll definitely comeback.
    I liked up to you’ll receive carried out proper here. The sketch is attractive, your authored material stylish. however, you command get bought an impatience over that you wish be handing over the following. unwell certainly come more beforehand again since exactly the similar just about very incessantly inside of case you shield this increase.

6. Sonny Vannest says:

Keep up the excellent work! I will follow you on Facebook.

7. M. V. KUMAR AND SHYLAJA K says:

I AM TRYING TO PAY PROPERTY TAX ON LINE BUT I AM GETTING A DIFFERENT OWNER FOR PID NO.22-16-41/3 PLEASE HELP

8. Praveen Baranwal says:

New PID consists of 3 parts. First part presents Ward No. Second part presents Street ID. Third part presents Property No.

9. s ramamurthy says:

cam you confirm the property details next to k s r t c depot on mysore road to sujatha theatre before binny mill . where a building under construction was there and now demolished

10. Baikuntha says:

Hi, I have the reciepts for 2008-09. I don’t have 2010-11, reciepts. I don’t have a PID number too. This is a plot in Munnekolala.
    Tax department is unwilling to accept my payment since they require application number of 2010-11.
    Need your valuable suggestions to assist me in paying 2011-12 and 2012-13 tax.

If I am providing the old application in web, I have not getting any information for PID.

Please suggest

Many Thanks.

11. Vanskike says:

hi!,I like your writing very so much!

12. Ervin Smuin says:

Este es uno de esos posts que me hubiese encantado escribir a mí. Chapeau.

13. Cheryl Regn says:

I’m going to bookmark your site for future reference. Keep writing great posts like this!

14. gowda says:

hi.

you can get your new pid here http://asbpa.bbmp.gov.in/newpid/

15. kalaram says:

i want to know proprty owner name of property pid no.25-60-4 to conform my self

16. Raghu says:

Hi, I’m unable to find the reciepts for 2008-09. I have 2009-10, 2010-11, 2011-12 reciepts. I don’t have a PID number too. This is a plot in Singasandra.
    Tax department is unwilling to accept my payment since they require application number of 2008-09.
    Need your valuable suggestions to assist me in paying 2012-13 tax.

Many Thanks.

17. Amrita Raipet says:

Dear Sir,
    If one owns property in Bengaluru but stays in some other city paying property tax is a nightmare. Invariably because of a technical glitch paying on line is not possible hence paid by D/D. Made several calls to BBMP office HAL Airport, Sub. Div., Vibhuthipura village, Bengaluru-560 037. If you do not know the local language impossible to convey your requirements. My ward No. is 902 & Khatha 106/2. How does one get the PID No?

18. Sujatha says:

Hi Sir

I have my plot located in Horamavu. I dont have any receipts as of now. My Khata no is 641/1 Is there any way that u can provide me with the PID pl

Thanks
    Sujatha

19. B G SRINIVASA RAO says:

Dear sir,
    What is new PID # about my property 48-40-32/3
    B.G.SRINIVASA RAO

20. C M SARASWATHI says:

DEAR SIR,
    PLEASE LET ME KNOW MY PROPERTY NEW PID # OLD # WAS 47-25-104/1 WARD # 119.

21. c m saraswathi says:

dear sir
    waht is my bbmp pid new # ? my old pid # 47-25-104/1
    thanking you
    C.M.SARASWATHI
    #104/1
    KUMBARPET MAIN ROAD
    BANGALORE 56002
    WARD # 119

22. meenakshi says:

Can you please share the link to get the PID number from BBMP website. I did a search on BBMP website and could not find any information related to this.

23. vikas babu says:

its very urgent to know…plz help to get this information

thanks a lot

24. satish says:

i have visited the bbmp property tax online website but i couldn’t able get the tax paid receipts for the previuos year can anyone help me out from this

25. AnantharamaiahBN says:

Sir,
    PID numbers for Hoodi branch of BBMP not available in BBMP web site. Whether new PID numbers will replace khatha. Why cant BBMP issue khathas swiftly by fixing a date for each ward where they can visit verify all papers get copies and issue spot A khathas to owners. Why I am telling this is since 2005 ARO MLM has not transferred khatha vide his no 1487/2005 when questioned through RTI he Just queried to get reconveyance deed and a PC from BDA. BDA people are dodging since 25-07-2011. The issue refers to property no 4356/8,3rd cross, Subramanyanagar Rajajinagar II stage Bangalore 560021 Old PID no 9-20-8 and new PID no 066-W0040-25. The issue is being dodged at BDA between nos 4356,and 4354. Whereas 4354 has already been allotted and reconveyed to one of the neighbours needs correction as 4353. Such things BBMP officials can sort out on the spot in coordination with BDA officials. Only thing required is a mind to help the public without bribe

26. Tom says:

I have purchased a land last year .This is a portion of the big site which got bifurcated and got Katha for the same .The big site is divided in to three portions .The previous owner paid Tax for the entire property till 2011-2012.BBMP officer initially asked me to pay tax from 2008 and later told me to pay for 2011-12 and 2012 13.I paid for both.But The PID field came as blank in the Receipt.

Please let me know how to get the PID

27. Pennie says:

Hello there, just became alert to your site through Google, and found that it’s really informative. I will appreciate if you continue this in future. A lot of people will be benefited from your writing. Cheers!

28. kalyanasundaram says:

suppose we furnish the Address of the property with survey number where/how to get the PID no. or Unique PID no.

29. kalyanasundaram says:

please let me know how to check PID number if we furnish the ward/street/property nos.
    Also how to chk the change of address for the PID no.if the ownership is changed.
    regards
    Kalyan.

30. k r nagraja says:

Kindly let me know website details to search PID at bbmp

31. Chang Greenley says:

Many thanks for sharing these valuable facts.

32. GladdenGolds says:

Just want to say your story is simply good. The clarity for your submit is simply excellent and i can assume you are a professional in this subject. Well along with your permission let me to grasp your feed to keep updated with coming near near post. Thank you one million and please continue the gratifying work.

33. Moag says:

Cheers a whole lot with regard to your blog content. Genuinely looking towards go through extra. Fantastic content!

34. Tim Anderson says:

Very educative cheers, There’s no doubt that your trusty visitors could very well want considerably more blog posts like that keep up the excellent content. Please do inform more about the topic.

35. Naijo E. R says:

I have bought a site recently how can I get to know the PID and the related details of my site? For Construction of house, After the BBMP plan approval can that be seen anywhere online as proof of approval?

36. Rakesh says:

@Avinash

Dear Sir,

Though BBMP has alloted Property Identification Numbers for properties in Bangalore, currently there is no online facility for checking or finding a PID number. You can mail BBMP at bbmpsas@bbmp.gov.in and provide your 2008-2009 application no to check your PID detail

Regards
    Rakesh HP

37. Avinash says:

Ditto here. Appreciate if anyone can provide the link to retrieve the PID

38. rakesh says:

@Laxman

BBMP was suppose to allot ID number for every property in the city and update the same by Jan 31. But until now, there is no info or link provided to know PID. BBMP Property tax can be paid online if you know either PID or SAS 2008 – 09 Application No. Therefore, if you don’t have your PID, you can pay your property tax entering SAS 2008 – 09 Application No.

SAS 2008 – 09 Application No can be easily available from your previous property tax paid receipt. You can pay property tax 2009-10, 2010-11 or 2011-12 by visiting BBMP site http://www.bbmp.gov.in/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=681&Itemid=235 You can use online property tax calculator http://0810.sasbbmp.com/ptcalculator/ for BBMP property tax calculation.

Regards
    Rakesh HP

39. Laxman says:

Online payment for property tax requires PID No. Websites suggest in checking old receipts, no mention of the same. BBMP Website does not assist with PID No. Can someone be helpful in giving the url to check and file tax online.

40. Rakesh says:

@krishnaraj After January, one can access details on the BBMP website about any property in the city using the PIDs.

41. Krishnaraj says: